CMI Strategy today
Today, just as it has done from day one, CMI Strategy operates as a virtual company.
No offices, few overheads, just the best management, facilitation, coaching, communications and staff development personnel in the world brought together project-by-project to deliver excellent results.
The current set-up includes over 200 consultants and facilitators speaking more than 10 languages and offering programmes throughout the world. Most of the team have been around for some time and have encountered many challenges.
The company’s business development team are based in the UK, but we have people on the ground in the USA, Europe, Africa and the Middle and Far East.
Where we are headed
Like our clients, we hope, onwards and upwards.
Because CMI Strategy is not restricted by a complex infrastructure, we can develop in direct response to our clients’ needs.
- Work in any sector? Of course, our work is sector agnostic
- Operate a programme in Sweden or Hong Kong? No problem.
- Bring in rigour? You bet.
- Incorporate new techniques? We’re doing it all the time.
- Make it fun? Always.
- Swamp you with loads of newly minted MBAs? No way
- Tell you how to run your business? Not our style; you have forgotten more about your business than we will ever know. We guide the process, you own the content.
- Raise your awareness of the realities of your situation? It is essential.
- Stretch your mind? We are all better than we know.
- Facilitate change? That is what we do.
- Better results
- Rapid growth (for example from 30% PA to over 100% PA)
- Larger, more profitable sales
- New market penetration and exploitation
- Increased margins
- Reduced errors, waste and re-work
- Smoothly managed organisational change
- More successful teams and more effective relationships
- Reduced staff turnover
- Better staff recruitment and selection
- High Performance leaders
- More time to focus on the things that matter most
These are just a few of the ways we have created return on investment for clients in both public and private companies over the past ten years.
- What keeps a CEO awake at night?
- Retained customers are profitable customers
- Why a CEO is like a clockmaker
- What makes the perfect Chief Executive?
- How to do bad things well
- Customer driven companies are more profitable than cost driven ones
What we believe in
CMI Strategy believes leaders make the difference between OK performance and breakthrough results.
That is why we have spent over 12 years listening, absorbing and then facilitating differentiating strategies with organisational leaders throughout the world. The values by which we judge ourselves are the same as those we instil into our client leaders.
- Practise what you preach
- Exceed expectations to all
- Be a low maintenance friend
- Learn constantly
- Create insight
- Speak directly
- Inspire high performance in others
- Facilitate, don’t control
Take a look at our News to find more about what lies behind these values and how we see them at work in others.
Where we’ve come from
CMI Strategy was the product of one inspirational moment.
Attending a lecture by Harvard Professor of Strategy Michael Porter in 2000, Rowan Jackson heard him say that “only half” of companies have a clear strategy and “only half of them write it down”. A Fortune Research report later that year revealed just 10% of companies were able to execute strategy effectively. The gap between what companies say they want and what they actually attain is huge.
Within one year, CMI Strategy had been founded to close that gap. By focusing on high performance in strategy implementation we guide our clients on the journey to excellence.
Founder Rowan Jackson had spent 20 years as a commissioned officer in the Royal Marines, a High Performance Organisation where strong and compassionate leadership is valued, nurtured and honoured. He subsequently spent a decade in a series of senior corporate roles in construction, financial services and advertising.